Thank you for a great year

Dearest 6th grade students and their families,

This year has been so much more than I had hoped it could be, considering all the restrictions we have had online and over zoom.  I could not be more proud of all that you have accomplished both in trope and in learning the lessons of LaBriut. Kol HaKavod to all of our students who through their hard work, and acts of loving-kindness, were able to achieve 1800+ and 3600+ Mitzvah Points!! I have special prizes to give you Sunday, May 9th, on the final day of school when we will see each other in person at TBI for the dedication of the Rabbi Weinberg Center for Jewish Learning. Stop by the 6th grade table in the parking lot to receive your own copy of our prayerbook, Mishkan T’filah for Travelers, pick up your Mitzvah Points prizes, draw or sign a message on our 6th grade 5781 poster, and participate in fun activities and projects.

Haftarah Trope Challenge
Don’t forget to turn in your final Flipgrid trope challenges, including Haftarah Trope Challenge parts 1 and 2 by tomorrow, May 9th!
If you would like additional time to complete any of the available trope assignments, they will remain open for the summer. Any student who works on assignments over the summer, and earns 1800+ or 3600+ MP, can receive their additional prizes when they return to school in Fall 2021.

I want to give a special thank you to Morah Erin Levine for all her work with you this year. It has been a pleasure to teach with Morah Erin, and we all wish her the very best in her new job as Associate Director of Education and Youth Engagement at Or Shalom in Vernon Hills!

Thank you for a great year! I wish you a healthy and happy summer and hope to see you soon. With love, Morah Marla