Trope Videos for Online Learning

Dear 6th Grade Families,
Well it seems like a different world than when we were last in class together on Wednesday. All of you are now adjusting to learning and working from home as we do our best to self-quarantine. With our TBI programming and lessons cancelled until April 30, I am doing my best to make resources available to you to continue our learning.
My first and largest project has been creating a video series called Trope Academy. For the last few days, I have been recording each clause for Haftarah and for Torah trope, as well as the Blessings before and after each, and other videos for you to learn from. These videos are now embedded in our class blog on the trope page: https://marlaaviva.edublogs.org/trope/.

Each video is a few minutes long and features one clause or trope symbol at a time. Just like our in person learning, I teach the clause and several versions of how it appears in text, and then ask you to repeat after me to practice. Use these videos to review the Haftarah clauses we have learned so far, Sof Pasuk, Etnachta and part of Katon, as well as to keep learning Haftarah trope. Utilize the existing links to pdfs from class – the Blessings Before and After Haftarah, as well as the example we were color coding in class, Haftarah for Ki Teitzei. Over the next few weeks, I will be adding new content and am working on a set of power points to accompany the videos. The Haftarah videos are up and complete, I will be working on uploading the Torah trope clauses next.
My goal is to still have Haftarah Trope Challenge when we return to Hebrew school. Haftarah Trope Challenge will include chanting the Blessings before and after Haftarah, as well as an example in trope of a few verses from Ki Teitzei. More on this in the coming weeks.
Additionally, utilize the Resources page and the Links bar (right column) on the website to check out videos and apps to help you with Hebrew. The Links bar includes Hebrew, Jewish music, Israel, Judaism and Torah.
The Prayer page is constantly being updated with recordings of the prayers we sing at TBI. Check out the latest installment of prayers from Kabbalat Shabbat.
Keep in touch, let me know if you have any questions or need help. Rabbi and I will be streaming Shabbat services each week via Zoom as well as on Facebook live. Be well!
Sincerely,
Morah Marla