Torah Trope Challenge

Today, we learned the 5th clause, T’vir. T’vir may sound familiar as it is the sound a torah reader chants when they sing “Amen” right before reading. That “Amen” is the sound T’vir. T’vir is a relatively short clause, it really only contains two symbols: Darga and T’vir. It can be preceded by Kadma or occasionally a Mercha (that sounds similar to and can replace Darga). To hear this clause chanted go to: https://soundcloud.com/marla-aviva-bentley/sets/torah-trope-clauses-1 and click on T’vir Clause, or hear them on the Trope Page.

A few weeks ago, I announced to the students that our Torah Trope Challenge would take place on Sunday, January 13, 2019. The Torah Trope Challenge consists of two parts that each student must do:

1. Chant the V’ahavta in Trope

2. Chant the Blessings Before and After Torah in Hebrew

The students will be evaluated using this Assessment for Torah Trope Challenge 5779.

We have gone over both elements of the challenge during class many times. I feel that the students are completely prepared to rise to this challenge. If your student needs additional practice over break, please support them by encouraging them to use the resources above.

I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, 12/19 for Hebrew School Conferences.